Introduction to Fused Glass Sunday 1st September 2019 - 4 Hours
Join us in our friendly central Brighton space for our popular beginners fused glass workshop.
In our four hour workshop, you will be introduced to the techniques needed to make your own unique dish, coasters, wall panels or jewellery.
During the day, you will be able to make 3-4 items including a small dish, coasters, a hanging light catcher, a small wall or window panel, or a free-standing curve, which we will kiln fire for you.
Groups will be a maximum of 6 people, with plenty of opportunity to ask questions, practice cutting and layering glass to make your own pieces for kiln firing.
Following my demonstration of a variety of decorative techniques, we will all create a small tile, which introduces you to lots of different ways of using the materials.
After that, you will have the chance to work on smaller projects, building up to a larger final piece.
The price includes -
- Enough clear glass to make 3-4 pieces, including your larger project.
- Access to decorative glass and offcuts such as stringers, frit and confetti for decorating
- Making one curved, or ‘slumped’ piece
Further Information -
- Extra colours, sheet glass, or additional curved pieces can be purchased at cost.
- I will fire your pieces and email you when they are ready for collection or I can post them to you for £10.
-Course times are 11am until 3pm with a short lunch break.
- Groups will be no more than six people.
- Tea, coffee, cakes and biscuits will be provided
- The course can be booked online or in the shop
- Course gift vouchers are available if you want to give this as a present - please call Little Beach Boutique
Please note -
Cancellations up to a week in advance can be transferred onto another date. Less than 7 days notice will be charged a small fee to transfer. Cancellations with less than 48 hours notice will not be transferred onto another date.
Recent reviews of our workshop from our Facebook page -
"We had the most awesome day visiting LBB this weekend for a glass making workshop. Great value for money and we had a lovely time being creative. Even my other half who is not creative enjoyed it. 100% recommended and really good fun. Suzanne and her team are very welcoming and she did an amazing job telling us all about the process. Very hands on and happy to help you. Can’t wait to see what came out of the Kiln. Brightened up our dreary Sunday."
"I bought my wife a voucher for the glass-making session as a gift. We both love the style and colour of Suzanne's work, and Sara absolutely loved the whole thing. Nothing was too much trouble, Suzanne was generous with her time, advice and materials, and the results are beautiful. Just go there. Today. It is a special place."