Fused Glass Workshops 2023
Our Introduction to Fused Glass workshops are back in a new venue - my home! Based five minutes walk from the seafront in central Hove, this friendly and accessible 2.5 hour workshop is ideal for beginners and intermediates who want to learn the principles of glass fusion and have the chance to make their own unique glass pieces for kiln-firing.
Create your own pieces using my collection of glass and samples that are inspired by the beach, the sea, waves and water and the Sussex Downs and wild flowers.
This workshop is also suitable for improvers who have previously been to a fused glass workshop.
During the session, you will be able to make 1-2 glass items including a small dish, a tile or coaster, a hanging sun catcher, or a free-standing curve, which we will kiln fire afterwards for you.
Groups will be a maximum of 6 people, with plenty of opportunity to ask questions, practice cutting and layering glass to make your own pieces for kiln firing.
Following my demonstration of a variety of decorative techniques, you will be able to create a small tile, which introduces you to lots of different ways of using the materials.
After that, you will have the chance to work on your own piece- feel free to bring your own ideas or inspiration for this.
The price includes -
- Enough clear glass to make 1-2 pieces
- Access to a wide range of decorative and coloured glass and metals, as well as rods, glass granules and offcuts
Optional Extras -
- Have your fired tile mounted and framed for £15.00
- Have your items posted to you for £4.95
- Purchase extra glass to make an additional pieces during the session at cost
Further Information -
- Running time - 11-1.30
- Your pieces will be fired after the workshop and available within 10 days
- Groups will be no more than six people
- Tea, coffee, cakes and biscuits will be provided
- If you have a voucher, email email@example.com to book
- Course gift vouchers are available if you want to give this as a present
- Please don't arrive earlier than 15 minutes ahead of start time!
Health and Safety -
The workshop will take place in a ground floor area with plenty of ventilation
There is a toilet available up one flight of stairs
The workshop venue is in my home, where we have a pet dog, although he is not present during the workshops. He is a hypoallergenic breed.
Practical Information -
- Workshop venue - 49 Holland Mews Hove BN3 1JG
- There are lots of places for a bit of shopping, coffee or lunch afterwards to make a day of it!
- Transport - the location is adjacent to Western Road which has multiple bus routes
- On-street parking available on Seafront or Holland Road (one free parking space available upon request)
- Nearest train stations are Brighton (1.3 miles) and Hove (0.8 miles)
Cancellation Policy -
Cancellations with more than 7 days notice can be transferred onto another date.
Cancellations for any other reason, with less than 7 days notice, will be charged a small fee to transfer. Cancellations with less than 48 hours notice will not be transferred onto another date.
Suzanne has been hosting glass fusion workshops since 2015. We have had lots of wonderful reviews on Facebook, Google, Trip Advisor and Trustpilot. Here are a few -
"Great value for money and we had a lovely time being creative. Even my other half who is not creative enjoyed it. 100% recommended and really good fun... Very hands on and happy to help you. Can’t wait to see what came out of the Kiln. Brightened up our dreary Sunday."
"I bought my wife a voucher for the glass-making session as a gift. We both love the style and colour of Suzanne's work, and Sara absolutely loved the whole thing. Nothing was too much trouble, Suzanne was generous with her time, advice and materials, and the results are beautiful."